The Nareit Hawaii Community Giving Initiative of the Nareit Foundation, a section 501(c)(3) organization supported by REITs that invest in Hawaii, is dedicated to supporting forward thinking programs that are creating affordable housing solutions and improving the quality of life for families statewide.
The Nareit Hawaii Community Giving Initiative has contributed to nonprofit organizations that are making affordable homes a reality across the state.
- $50,000 Grant to Residential Youth Services & Empowerment Supports Homeless Young Adults on Oahu’s North Shore
- $45,000 to Arc of Maui County to Support Daily Needs of Residents with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- $180,000 to Hawaii Island Community Development Corporation to Build New, Affordable Home in Puna District
- $72,548 to Institute for Human Services to Improve Quality of Life for Residents at Kahauiki Village
- $130,000 to Kaua'i Housing Development Corporation to Build New Affordable Home
- $145,000 to Support New Hilo Affordable Senior Housing Development for U.S. Military Veterans
- $75,000 to Molokai Baptist Church for Housing Materials Needed to Improve Living Conditions for Families
- $120,000 to Honolulu Habitat for Humanity to Build Six New Single-Family Homes
- $150,000 to Pu‘uhonua O Wai‘anae to Purchase 20 Acre Land Parcel
- $195,000 to Hale O Hawai‘i to Build New Home for Family Displaced by Kilauea Eruption
- $120,000 to Kauai Habitat for Humanity to Build Self-Help House
- $100,000 to AHED Foundation for the Nani ‘O Puna Affordable Housing Community
The Nareit Foundation gratefully acknowledges the support of the following REITs doing business in Hawaii: