Supporting Our Communities
Real estate investment trusts (REITs) operating in Hawaii have a distinguished history of individually supporting local charities and nonprofits. Through the Nareit Hawaii Community Giving Initiative, Hawaii’s REIT community is helping to improve the quality of life for all of Hawaii’s citizens.
We recognize that our role is to support and nurture the community in which our members operate.
The Nareit Community Giving Initiative has contributed to charities and numerous causes statewide.
- $150,000 to Pu‘uhonua O Wai‘anae to Purchase 20 Acre Land Parcel
- $120,000 to Kauai Habitat for Humanity to build self-help house
- $100,000 to AHED Foundation for the Nani ‘O Puna affordable housing community
- $100,000 to Nā Hale O Maui to Build Affordable Housing
- $150,000 to Pu‘uhonua O Wai‘anae to Build Affordable Housing
- $100,000 to aio Foundation’s Kahauiki Village housing project
Other REITs in Hawaii are also supporting much-needed community programs.